anyone who has good exp. water/waste water electrical, MCC, pumps, unit substations, motors, heavy duty industrial bkgd is good. Understanding the ladder logic, and the interfacing with Instrument & Controls engrs…is a good fit. Also exp with various processes, ie chemical, pumping, boilers, control panels,etc is good. Exp from these co’s .. URS, Malcolm Pirnie, CDM, Greely Hanson, Gannett are all good fits as they all do waste water facilities. anyone fam with the reports and procedures incl the SKM, ETAP, and Power Analytics ‘modeling s/w’ is a big plus.
We are seeking qualified Electrical Engineers to support our growing MEP division. The ideal candidate will be tasked with the following:
• Work closely with various project design teams and customers to provide electrical system and equipment design services, including medium and low voltage utility service entrance and power distribution, lighting, and motor controls.
• Develop and draft basis of design reports.
• Perform short circuit, load flow, voltage drop, and arc flash calculations.
• Perform circuit ampacity and conduit fill calculations.
• Provide technical, communication and leadership skills necessary to effectively present findings and integrated solutions to the client via written reports and oral presentations.
• Prepare detailed specifications, contract drawings and contractor bid packages.
• Cultivate new client relationships and accounts through quality deliverables and effective customer interface.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• BS in Electrical Engineering or closely related engineering degree.
• Professional Engineer license preferred but not necessary.
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or LEED accreditation preferred.
• Three to five years of electrical design experience with electrical systems and equipment, utility switchgear and distribution equipment, and operation at large water and wastewater facilities.
• Design experience in short circuit, load flow, voltage drop, arc flash, conduit fill, and equipment clearance calculations.
• Experience with electrical system modeling performance software such as Power Analytics, SKM or ETAP.
• Experience with combined heat and power analysis, energy conservation measures analysis, and life cycle cost analysis.